Milson is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Alternative names: Milston
Parish church: St George
Parish registers begin: 1678
Parishes adjacent to Milson
- Neen Sollars
- Cleobury Mortimer
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Milson, a parish in Cleobury-Mortimer district, Salop; on a small affluent of the river Rea, at the boundary with Worcester, 1½ mile W by N of Neen Sollars r. station, and 3¼ SW of Cleobury-Mortimer. Post town, Cleobury-Mortimer, under Bewdley. Acres, 1,025. Real property, £1,069. Pop., 157. Houses, 28. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Lord Northwick. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Neen-Sollars, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Milson or Milston. A parish in the hundred of Overs, a rectory, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Burford, and archdeaconry of Salop. Connected with Neen Solars. 30 houses, 125 inhabitants. 3 miles south-west of Cleobury Mortimer.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Milson Shropshire Poll Book 1865
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Cleobury Mortimer
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of St Asaph (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Burford
- Poor Law Union: Cleobury Mortimer
- Hundred: Overs
- Province: Canterbury