Malinslee, or Dawley Nova, is an ecclesiastical parish formed, in 1843, from the parish of Dawley Magna
Alternative names: Malins Lee
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Parish church: St. Leonard
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1840
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Parishes adjacent to Malinslee
- Dawley Magna
- Priors Lee
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MALINSLEE, a chapelry in Dawley-Magna parish, Salop; on the Coalport branch of the Northwestern railway, 4½ miles N of Coalport. It has a station on the railway; and its Post town is Dawley, under Wellington, Salop. It was constituted in 1843. Rated property, £4,602. Pop., 4,512. Houses, 861. The property is divided among a few. Most of the inhabitants are employed in collieries. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £300. Patron, the Vicar of Dawley-Magna. The church is modern.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Malins Lee Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Malin’s Lee. A township in the parish of Dawley Magna, or Great Dawley, and in the Wellington division of the hundred of Bradford, South. 3 ½ miles north-west of Shiffnal.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Malinslee Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875
Malinslee or Dawley Nova Shropshire Parish Documents 1902
(Malinslee, or Dawley Nova, is an ecclesiastical parish formed, in 1843, from the parish of Dawley Magna)
Documents, etc., in the custody of the Vicar. – Kept in a safe in the Vestry, viz:-
- Register of Baptisms, 1840 – 1848
- Register of Baptisms, 1848 – 1871
- Register of Baptisms, 1871 – in use
- Register of Banns, 1830 – 1844
- Register of Banns, 1844 – 1890
- Register of Banns, 1890 – in use
- Register of Marriages, 1837 – 1876
- Register of Marriages, 1877 – 1894
- Register of Marriages, 1895 – in use
- Register of Burials, 1835 – 1846
- Register of Burials, 1846 – in use
- Miscellaneous papers.
No Tithe Map and Award.
Source: Shropshire Parish Documents published 1902. A report of the Inspection of Parish Documents made to Salop County Council under section 17 of the Local Government Act 1894. Note: The location of the documents listed in this transcription are as cited in the book published in 1902 and should be used as a guide only. It should not be assumed that the documents are still kept at the stated location. Interested parties should perhaps contact Shropshire records office to ascertain the documents current whereabouts.
Civil Registration District: Madeley
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Shifnal
Poor Law Union: Madeley
Hundred: South Bradford