Other places included in the parish: Adcot, Milford
Alternative names: Little Ness with Adcot and Milford
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1605
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
Parishes adjacent to Little Ness
- Ruyton of the Eleven Towns
- Great Ness
Historical Descriptions of Little Ness
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NESS (Little), a township and a chapelry in Baschurch parish, Salop. The township lies 2½ miles S W of Baschurch r. station, and 7 NW of Shrewsbury. The chapelry contains also the townships of Adcot and Milford; and its post town is Baschurch, under Shrewsbury. Pop., 238. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Baschurch, in the diocese of Lichfield. The church is ancient but good, has a bell-gable, and contains an ancient font.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Ellesmere
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Ellesmere
Poor Law Union: Ellesmere