Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Alternative names: Drayton Parva
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1848
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1848
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Little Drayton
- Market Drayton
- Moreton Say
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DRAYTON-PARVA, a township-chapelry in Drayton-in-Hales parish, Salop; 1 mile SW of Market-Drayton. Post town, Market-Drayton. Rated property, £7, 400. Pop., 2,162. Houses, 497. The property is much subdivided. The chapelry was constituted in 1848. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £155. Patron, the Vicar of Drayton-in-Hales. The church was built in 1847; and is a Gothic structure, with a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Drayton Parva; or Little Drayton. A township in the parish of Drayton Magna, or in Hales, and in the Drayton division of the hundred of Bradford, North, adjoining to Drayton.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Market Drayton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Market Drayton
Poor Law Union: Market Drayton
Hundred: North Bradford