Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Parish church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1566
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1630
Parishes adjacent to Lee Brockhurst
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LEE-BROCKHURST, a parish, with a village, in Wem district, Salop; on the river Roden, 2½ miles SE by E of Wem r. station. Post town, Wem, under Shrewsbury. Acres, 664. Real property, £1,161. Pop., 133. Houses, 31. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Viscount Hill. Sandstone for building is quarried. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £60. Patron, J. Walford, Esq. The church is ancient but good, and has a bellturret.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Lee Brockhurst. A parish in the Whitchurch division of the hundred of Bradford, North, a curacy, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. 2 ½ miles south-east of Wem. 27 houses, 162 inhabitants.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Civil Registration District: Wem
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Wem
Poor Law Union: Wem
Hundred: North Bradford