Kenley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Parish church: St John the Baptist
Parish registers begin: 1682
Parishes adjacent to Kenley
- Acton Burnell
- Church Preen
Beeton's British Gazetteer 1870
KENLEY, a parish in the hundred of Condover, county of SALOP, 4½ miles (W. by N.) from Much Wenlock, containing 821 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, with the rectory of Harley, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Lichﬁeld and Coventry.
Source: Beeton's British Gazetteer 1870. Ward, Lock & Tyler, Paternoster Row, London.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KENLEY, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; 4 miles WNW of Much-Wenlock r. station. Post town, Acton Burnell, under Shrewsbury. Acres, 1,897. Rated property, £1,900. Pop., 235. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £119. Patron, the Duke of Cleveland. The church is ancient and good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Kenley. A parish in the Cound division of the hundred of Condover, a rectory, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. 63 houses, 321 inhabitants. 3 ½ miles west of Wenlock.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824.
Kenley Shropshire Parish Registers 1682-1812
Shropshire Parish Registers Diocese of Lichfield Vol. II (1901)
Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society
General editor; W. P. W. Phillimore
Publisher: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society
Kenley Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Atcham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Condover
- Poor Law Union: Atcham
- Hundred: Condover
- Province: Canterbury