Kemberton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Parish church: St. John
Parish registers begin: 1659
Parishes adjacent to Kemberton
- Sutton Maddock
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KEMBERTON, a parish in Shiffnal district, Salop; 2 ½ miles SW by S of Shiffnal r. station. Post town, Shiffnal. Acres, 1,387. Real property, £2,173. Pop., 244. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. Coal occurs in the NW, and is worked by the Madeley Wood company. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Sutton-Maddock, in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £570. Patrons, Miss Slaney and others. The church is plain but good, and has a pinnacled tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Kemberton. A parish in the Shiffnal division of the hundred of Brimstry, a rectory in charge, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Newport, and archdeaconry of Salop. 48 houses, 260 inhabitants. 2 miles south-west by south of Shiffnal.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Kemberton Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Shifnal
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Shifnal
- Poor Law Union: Shifnal
- Hundred: Brimstree
- Province: Canterbury