Ightfield is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Other places in the parish include: Upper Kempley.
Parish church: St John the Baptist
Parish registers begin: 1557
Nonconformists include: Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Ightfield
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
IGHTFIELD, a parish in Wem district, Salop; near the boundary with Cheshire, 4 miles SE of Whitchurch r. station. Post town, Whitchurch. Acres, 1,568. Real property, £2,771. Pop., 344. Houses, 70. The property is divided among a few. Ightfield Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £288. Patron, H. Justice, Esq. The church is ancient, and was recently in disrepair. There are a national school, and charities £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Ightfield (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Wem, Whitchurch division of the hundred of North Bradford, N. division of Salop, 4 1/4 miles (S. E. by E.) from Whitchurch; containing 368 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the King's books at £7. 14. 9 1/2.; net income, £288; patron, H. Justice, Esq. There is a national school.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Ightfield, co. Salop
P. T. Whitchurch (163) 4 m. SE b E. Pop. 261.
A parish in the Whitchurch division of the hundred of Bradford, North; living, a rectory in the archdeaconry of Salop and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry; valued in K. B. 7l. 14s. 9½d.; church ded. to St. John the Baptist; patron (1829) P. Justice, Esq.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Ightfield Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Ightfield. A parish in the Whitchurch division of the hundred of Bradford, North, a rectory remaining in charge, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. 26 houses, 261 inhabitants. 4 miles south-east of Whitchurch.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Wem
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Market Drayton
- Poor Law Union: Wem
- Hundred: North Bradford
- Province: Canterbury