Farlow is a chapelry of Stottesdon Ancient Parish in Shropshire constituted in 1854.
Parish registers begin: 1813
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Farlow
- Hopton Wafers
- Aston Botterell
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FARLOW, a township and a chapelry in Stottesden parish, Salop. The township lies near the river Rea, 5½ miles NW by N of Cleobury-Mortimer r. station, and 8½ NNE of Tenbury. Post town, Stottesden, under Bewdley. Acres, 1, 483. Real property, £1, 098. Pop., 304. Houses, 71. The chapelry is more extensive than the township, and was constituted in 1854. Pop., 593. Houses, 132. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £130. Patron, the Duke of Cleveland. The church is Norman; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
FARLOW, a chapelry, in the parish of Stottesden, union of Cleobury-Mortimer, hundred of Wolphy, county of Hereford, 5¼ miles (N. W. by N.) from Cleobury-Mortimer; containing 361 inhabitants. The chapelry consists of a long and narrow detached slip of ground, wholly surrounded by the county of Salop, to the southern division of which it is annexed for electoral purposes; it comprises 1189 acres. The chapel, which is dedicated to St. Giles, is endowed with the rectorial tithes, and has been rebuilt.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Farlow, Shropshire, Poll Book 1865
Farlow Cassey Shropshire Directory 1871
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Cleobury Mortimer
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
- Poor Law Union: Cleobury Mortimer
- Hundred: Stottesdon
- Province: Canterbury