Donington Wood is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1808 from Lilleshall Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Donnington Wood
Other places in the parish include: Muxton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1845
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1813
Nonconformists include: Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DONINGTON-WOOD, a chapelry in Lilleshall parish, Salop; at Donington township and r. station, 3½ miles SW of Newport. It was constituted in 1851. Post town, Donington, under Newport, Salop. Rated property, £3,000. Pop., 1,351. Houses, 243. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £179. Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church is tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Newport
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Newport
- Poor Law Union: Newport
- Hundred: South Bradford
- Province: Canterbury