Clungunford, a parish in Clun district, Salop; on the river Clun, Watling-street, and the Central Wales railway, near Hopton-Heath r. station, 6 ¼ miles ESE of Clun. It includes the townships of Abcot, Beckjay, Broadward, Shelderton, and part of Broom and Rowton; and its post-town is Aston-on-Clun. Acres, 3,620. Real property, £4,261. Pop., 647. Houses, 113. The property is divided among a few. Clungunford House and Broadward Hall are chief residences. Limestone is found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £530. Patron, the Rev. Mr. Rocke. The church is early decorated English, in good condition; and there are charities £59.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Clungunford, and Abcot. A parish in the Stow division of the hundred of Purslow. A chapelry, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Stottesden, and archdeaconry of Salop. 8 miles south-east of Bishopscastle. 85 houses, 474 inhabitants.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824