Childs-Ercall, a parish in Market-Drayton district, Salop; near the river Tern, 6 ½ miles S of Market-Drayton, and 6 ½ NW by N of Newport r. station. It has a post-office under Market-Drayton. Acres, 3,633. Real property, £5,101. Pop., 470. Houses, 88. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfleld. Value, £66. Patron, R. Corbet, Esq. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Child’s Ercall. A parish in the Drayton division of the hundred of Bradford, North, a curacy in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Newport, and archdeaconry of Salop. 74 houses, 389 inhabitants. 6 ½ miles north-west of Newport.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824.