Chetwynd

Chetwynd, Shropshire

Historical Descriptions

Chetwynd Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Chetwynd. A parish in the Newport division of the hundred of Bradford, South, a rectory in charge, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Newport, and archdeaconry of Salop. 91 houses, 566 inhabitants. 1 ½ mile north of Newport.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824.

Chetwynd Aston Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Chetwynd Aston. A township in the parish of Chetwynd, and in the Newport division of the hundred of Bradford, South. 50 houses, 291 inhabitants.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824.