Bobbington is an Ecclesiastical Parish partly in Shropshire and partly in Staffordshire; Created in 1726 from a chapelry in Claverley Ancient Parish.
Parish church: Holy Cross
Parish registers begin: 1571
Bobbington, a parish in the union of Seisdon, partly in the hund. of Brimstrey, county of Salop, and partly in the southern division of the hund. of Seisdon, county of Stafford; 8½ miles south-west of Wolverhampton, and 3½ west of the Stafford and Birmingham canal. Living, a perpetual curacy, formerly in the archd. of Salop and dio. of Lichfield and Coventry, now in the dio. of Chester, a peculiar of the yearly value of £97. Patron, in 1835, T. Whitmore, Esq. Here is a school for 20 boys and 12 girls, founded and endowed with £1,400, by Hannah Cobbett, in 1792. There are also a daily-school, containing 33 pupils, and two Sunday schools. Pop , in 1801, 381; in 1831, 429. Houses 82. Acres 2,320. A. P. £4,025. Poor rates, in 1837, £187.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Below are the names of those that voted in the election of July 1865 between Col. The Hon. P. E. Herbert, Sir Baldwin Leighton, Bart., and R. Jasper More, Esq.
Poll Book of the Election, July 1865 for the Southern Division of Shropshire.
Bridgnorth Polling District
Bobbington, Parish of
477 Aston George Pudsey, see 587