Baschurch

Baschurch, Shropshire Family History

Baschurch is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire. Little Ness is a chapelry of Baschurch.

Other places in the parish include: Birch, Yeaton, Bratton, Eyton, Fenemere, Walford, Eyton, Yeaton and Prescott, Fennemere, Merehouse, Murhouse, Newton, Newtown, Prescott, Stanwardine in the Fields, Stanwardine in the Wood, Walford, Weston Lullingfield, Weston Lullingfields, and Boreatton.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin: 1600

Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist

Parishes adjacent to Baschurch

  • Ellesmere
  • Little Ness
  • Preston Gobalds
  • Ruyton of the Eleven Towns
  • Newtown
  • Hordley
  • Petton
  • Fitz
  • Myddle
  • Cockshutt

Historical Descriptions

Baschurch Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850

Baschurch, 7½ m. N.W. Shrewsbury. P. 1491

Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.

Baschurch, Boreatton and Birch Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Baschurch, Boreatton and Birch. A township in the parish of Baschurch, and in the Baschurch division of the hundred of Pimhill. Baschurch is a vicarage discharged, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. 207 houses, 1,277 inhabitants. 7 miles south-west of Wem.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824

Mirebank Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Mirebank. A township in the parish of Baschurch, and in the hundred of Pimhill.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824

Mirehouse or Merehouse and Newtown Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Mirehouse or Merehouse and Newtown. A township in the parish of Baschurch, and in the hundred of Pimhill.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824

Newtown and Merehouse or Mirehouse Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Newtown and Merehouse or Mirehouse. A township in the parish of Baschurch, and in the Baschurch division of the hundred of Pimhill. 7 miles northwest of Shrewsbury.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824

Prescot Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Prescot. A township in the parish of Baschurch, and in the Baschurch division of the hundred of Pimhill. 7 miles north-west of Shrewsbury.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824

Administration

  • County: Shropshire
  • Civil Registration District: Ellesmere
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Lichfield
  • Rural Deanery: Ellesmere
  • Poor Law Union: Ellesmere
  • Hundred: Pimhill
  • Province: Canterbury