Albrighton (near Shrewsbury) Cassey Shropshire Directory 1871

Albrighton, near Shrewsbury, is an ecclesiastical parish, with Perrill and Broad Oak, 3 ¾ miles north from Shrewsbury, in the Northern division of the county, Pimhill hundred, Atcham union, and diocese of Lichfield.  The church of St. John the Baptist is a stone building in the early Norman style.  The living is a vicarage, £56 yearly, with residence, in the gift of W. M. Sparrow, Esq.  The soil is various; subsoil, clay and gravel.  The area is 1,010 acres, and the population in 1861 was 78; gross estimated rental, £1,040; rateable value, £970.
Letters arrive through Shrewsbury.
Brigstocke Rev. Martin W., M.A., The Vicarage
Sparrow William M., esq., Albrighton hall
Billing Joseph, farmer
Gough Richard, blacksmith
Gough William, blacksmith, Cross hill
Higginson John, farmer, Perrill
Leake Thomas, Fox inn
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.’s, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Shropshire 1871