Dalry, a small market town and parish of Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland, miles from its post town, New Galloway. In this parish is the mountain of Blacklarg, nearly 3000 feet high. Mar. D. Thurs. Pop. about 1300. It is a telegraph station, and a station on the Carlisle, Dumfries, and Glasgow section of the Glasgow and South-Western Railway, 22½ miles from Glasgow.
Source: Beeton’s British Gazetteer 1870. Ward, Lock & Tyler, Paternoster Row, London.
Maxwell Town, vil. Scotland, par. Traquair, sh. Kirkcudbright, situated on the Nith. Pop. with par.
Source: A New and Comprehensive Gazetteer: George Newenham Wright, 1838