Wardley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Rutland. Belton is a chapelry of Wardley.
Parish church: St. Botolph
Parish registers begin: 1574
Parishes adjacent to Wardley
- Beaumont Chase
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Wardley, a parish in Uppingham district, Rutland; 2½ miles W by N of Uppingham, and 4¼ SW of Manton r. station. Post town, Uppingham. Acres, 1,550. Real property, £1,158. Pop., 68. Houses, 13. The manor belongs to the Rev. J. H. Fludyer. The living is a rectory, united with Belton, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £389. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].Church of England parish church of St Botolph, Wardley, Rutland: interior of nave, looking east towards the chancel. The copyright on this image is owned by Chris Stafford and is licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license.
Family History Links
- County: Rutlandshire
- Civil Registration District: Uppingham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rutland
- Poor Law Union: Uppingham
- Hundred: Oakham Soke
- Province: Canterbury