Tinwell is an Ancient Parish in the county of Rutlandshire.
Other places in the parish include: Ingthorpe.
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1561
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1712
- Stamford All Saints with St Peter, Lincolnshire
- Great Casterton
- Easton by Stamford, Northamptonshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TINWELL, a parish in the district of Stamford and county of Rutland; 1¾ mile W by S of Stamford r. station. Post town, Stamford. Acres, 1,651. Real property, £3,164. Pop., 235. Houses, 49. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £303. Patron, the Marquis of Exeter. The church is Norman. There is an endowed school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
TINWELL (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Stamford, hundred of East, county of Rutland, 1½ mile (S. W. by W.) from Stamford; containing, with the hamlet of Ingthorpe, 258 inhabitants. The parish is bounded on the south and south-east by the river Welland, which here separates Rutland from Northamptonshire. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £12. 10. 5.; net income, £303; patron, the Marquess of Exeter. A payment of £105 per annum, in lieu of tithes, is received from his lordship; and the glebe consists of about 158 acres. The church contains a monument to Elizabeth Cecil, sister of Lord Treasurer Burghley.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Stamford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Rutland
Poor Law Union: Stamford
Hundred: East (Rutlandshire)