Thistleton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Rutlandshire.
Parish church: St. Nicholas
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1574
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
- South Witham, Lincolnshire
- Castle Bytham, Lincolnshire
- Edmondthorpe, Leicestershire
- Market Overton
- North Witham, Lincolnshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
THISTLETON, a parish in Oakham district, Rutland; 4¼ miles ENE of Ashwell r. station, and 7½ NNE of Oakham. Post town, Colsterworth, under Grantham. Acres, 1,420. Real property, £1,768. Pop., 142. Houses, 27. The manor belongs to the Rev. J. H. Fludyer. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £118. Patron, the Rev. J. H. Fludyer. The church is good: and there is an endowed school with £36 a year.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
THISTLETON (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Oakham, hundred of Alstoe, county of Rutland, 8 miles (N. N. E.) from Oakham; containing 161 inhabitants. In the Domesday survey it is called Tisterton. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £3. 11. 0½.; net income, £118 per annum; patron, G. Fludyer, Esq.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Oakham
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Rutland
Poor Law Union: Oakham