Teigh is an Ancient Parish in the county of Rutlandshire.
Parish church: Holy Trinity
Parish registers begin: 1572
Parishes adjacent to Teigh
- Market Overton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TEIGH, a parish in Oakham district, Rutland; 1½ mile NNE of Ashwell r. station, and 4¾ N by E of Oakham. Post town, Oakham. Acres, 1,267. Real property, £2,306. Pop., 128. Houses, 31. The property is divided among four. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £430. Patron, R. Thompson, Esq. The church is modern Gothic.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Teigh (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of OAKHAM, hundred of Alstoe, county of Rutland, 5 miles (N.) from Oakham; containing 235 inhabitants. The parish comprises about 1400 acres, and produces a material resembling iron-stone, quarried for the roads: the Melton and Oakham canal passes through it. There is a strong petrifying spring, and fossil fish have been found in the blue rock. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £14. 2. 11.; net income, £349; patron, the Earl of Harborough: there is a parsonage-house, with a glebe containing about 60 acres. The church is a small neat edifice.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
- County: Rutlandshire
- Civil Registration District: Oakham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rutland
- Poor Law Union: Oakham
- Hundred: Alstow
- Province: Canterbury