Ridlington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Rutlandshire.
Parish church: St. Mary and St. Andrew
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RIDLINGTON, a village and a parish in Uppingham district, Rutland. The village stands 2½ miles NW by N of Uppingham, and 2½ WSW of Manton r. station; was known, at Domesday, as Redlictun; and then hadthree churches. The parish comprises 2,027 acres; and its post town is Uppingham. Real property, £3,458. Pop., 282. Houses, 58. The manor belonged to Queen Editha, passed to the Harringtons, and belongs now to the Earl of Gainsborough. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £364. Patron, the Earl of Gainsborough. The church is very ancient and has an ivy-clad tower. Charities, £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
RIDLINGTON (St. Mary and St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Uppingham, hundred of Martinsley, county of Rutland, 2½ miles (N. W. by N.) from the town of Uppingham; containing 299 inhabitants, and comprising about 2000 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £10. 1. 3., and in the gift of the Earl of Gainsborough: the tithes have been commuted for £353, and the glebe contains 46 acres.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Uppingham
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Rutland
Poor Law Union: Uppingham