Martinsthorpe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Rutlandshire.
Parish church: St. Martin
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MARTINSTHORPE, a parish in Oakham district, Rutland; 1¼ mile NW of Manton r. station, and 3 S by E of Oakham. Post town, Oakham. Acres, 533. Real property, £980. Pop., 6. House, 1. The property belongs to W. De Capel Brooks, Esq. The living is a sinecure rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, not reported. Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. ‘The church is in ruins.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
MARTINSTHORPE (St. Martin), a parish, in the union of Oakham, hundred of Martinsley, county of Rutland, 3½ miles (N.) from the town of Uppingham; containing 8 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £6. 0. 5.; patron, the Duke of Devonshire: the tithes have been commuted for £118. The church is in ruins.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Oakham
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Rutland
Poor Law Union: Oakham