Egleton is a chapelry of Oakham Ancient Parish in Rutlandshire.
Parish church: St. Edmund
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538 see also Oakham
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1701
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EGLETON, a parish in Oakham district, Rutland; on an affluent of the river Gwash; near the Syston and Peterborough railway, 1¾ mile SE of Oakham. Post town, Oakham. Acres, 1,450. Real property, £1,667. Pop., 131. Houses, 34. The manor belongs to the Earl of Winchelsea. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Oakham, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is a restored portion of a very large ancient edifice, which had a guild for masses.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
EGLETON, a chapelry, in the parish, union, and soke of Oakham, county of Rutland, 2 miles (S. E.) from the town of Oakham; containing 138 inhabitants. The chapel is dedicated to St. Edmund.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Oakham
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Rutland
Poor Law Union: Oakham
Hundred: Oakham Soke