Caldecote is a chapelry of Lyddington Ancient Parish in Rutlandshire.
Alternative names: Caldecote
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1605 see also Lyddington
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1618
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CALDECOTT, a parish in Uppingham district, Rutland; on the rivers Eye and Welland, and on the Syston and Peterborough railway, adjacent to Rockingham station, 4¼ miles S of Uppingham. Post Town, Rockingham, under Leicester. Acres, 1,440. Real property, £2,540. Pop., 346. Houses, 73. The living is a vicarage annexed to the rectory of Liddington, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
CALDECOTT, a chapelry, in the parish of Liddington, union of Uppingham, hundred of Wrandike, county of Rutland, 4¾ miles (S.) from Uppingham; containing 260 inhabitants. The Welland, which here separates the county from Northamptonshire, and the small river Eye, flow through the chapelry; which comprises 1089 acres of, in general, good land. The chapel is dedicated to St. John.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Uppingham
Probate Court: Pre-1851 – Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Caldecote, Post-1850 – Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Pre-1851 – None, Post-1850 – Rutland
Poor Law Union: Uppingham