Belton is a chapelry of Wardley Ancient Parish in Rutland.
Alternative names: Belton-in-Rutland
Church: St. Peter
Registers begin: 1577
Nonconformists in Belton include: Particular Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Belton
- East Norton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Belton, a parish in Uppingham district, Rutland; on the river Eye, 4 miles WNW of Uppingham, and 5 WSW of Manton r. station. It contains a village of its own name, and has a post office under Uppingham. Acres, 2,380. Real property, £2,441. Pop., 441. Houses, 98. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Wardley, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is old but good, and has a square embattled tower. There are a Baptist chapel and a free school. Poors' lands yield £83 a year, and other charities £20.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Rutlandshire
- Civil Registration District: Uppingham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rutland
- Poor Law Union: Uppingham
- Hundred: Oakham Soke
- Province: Canterbury