Westcote Barton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Oxfordshire.
- Barton Westcot
- Little Barton
- Westcote Barton
- Westcott Barton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1719
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARTON-WESTCOT, a parish in Woodstock district, Oxford; on a tributary of the Cherwell river, 2¾ miles W of Heyford r. station, and 4½ SSW of Deddington. Post Town, Sandford, under Oxford. Acres, 650. Real property, £1,579. Pop., 302. Houses, 70. The property is divided between two. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £230. Patron, Mrs. Seagrave. The church has some Norman features, and was restored in 1856.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Search Results for FamilySearch Catalog
England, Oxfordshire, Westcott-Barton – Church records – Indexes ( 1 )
Computer printout of Wescott Barton, Oxon., Eng
Oxfordshire Archives & Family History Groups
- County: Oxfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Woodstock
- Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
- Diocese: Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Woodstock
- Poor Law Union: Woodstock
- Hundred: Wootton
- Province: Canterbury