Tadmarton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Oxfordshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1548
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1680; 1721
Nonconformists include: Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TADMARTON, a parish, with a village, in Banbury district, Oxford; 5 miles WSW of Banbury r. station. It has a post-office under Banbury. Acres, 2,500. Real property, £3,816. Pop., 411. Houses, 103. The property is much subdivided. There are an ancient camp and two tumuli; and Roman coins have been found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £307. Patron, Worcester College, Oxford. The church is partly Norman, partly early English. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Search Results for FamilySearch Catalog
England, Oxfordshire, Tadmarton – Census ( 1 )
Census returns for Tadmarton, 1841-1891
Author: Great Britain. Census Office
England, Oxfordshire, Tadmarton – Schools ( 1 )
Tadmarton National School records, 1875-1900
Author: Tadmarton National School (Oxfordshire)
Oxfordshire Archives & Family History Groups
- County: Oxfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Banbury
- Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
- Diocese: Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Deddington
- Poor Law Union: Banbury
- Hundred: Bloxham
- Province: Canterbury