Stowood is an Ancient Parish in the county of Oxfordshire.
Alternative names: Stow Wood
Parish registers begin:
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STOW-WOOD, a parish in Headington district, Oxford; 3¾ miles SE by S of Islip r. station. Post town, Oxford. Acres, 640. Real property, £400. Pop., 27. Houses, 6. There is no church.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
STOW-WOOD, a parish, in the union of Headington, hundred of Bullingdon, county of Oxford, 4 miles (N. E.) from Oxford; containing 33 inhabitants, who attend the adjoining parochial church of Beckley.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
Search Results for FamilySearch Catalog
England, Oxfordshire, Stow-Wood – Census ( 1 )
Census returns for Stow-Wood, 1841-1891
Author: Great Britain. Census Office
- County: Oxfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Headington
- Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
- Diocese: Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1852 – Cuddesdon, Post-1851 – Islip
- Poor Law Union: Headington
- Hundred: Bullingdon
- Province: Canterbury