Stoke Row is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Oxfordshire, created in 1849 from Ipsden Ancient Parish, Newnham Murren chapelry and Mongewell Ancient Parish.

Alternative names:

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1846
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: None

Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

STOKE ROW, a chapelry in Ipsden, Newnham-Murren and Mongewell parishes, Oxford; among the Chilterns, 5½ miles WNW of Henley r. station. It was constituted in 1849; and it has a post-office under Henley-on-Thames. Pop., 386. Houses, 88. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £90. Patron, St. John’s College, Cambridge. The church was built in 1846.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Photographs

Parish Records

Maps

Old maps of Britain and Europe from A Vision of Britain Through Time

Administration

  • County: Oxfordshire
  • Civil Registration District: Henley; Wallingford
  • Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
  • Diocese: Oxford
  • Rural Deanery: Henley
  • Poor Law Union: Wallingford
  • Hundred: Langtree
  • Province: Canterbury

Similar Posts