Sarsden or Sarsden with Churchill is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Oxfordshire, created in 1851 from Sarsden Ancient Parish and Churchill Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Sarsden
Other places in the parish include: Churchill.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1575
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1575
Separate registers exist for Churchill
- Parish registers: 1630
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1630
- Chipping Norton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SARSDEN, a parish in Chipping-Norton district, Oxford; on the river Evenlode, 2 miles E of Chipping-Norton-Junction r. station. Post-town, Chipping-Norton. Acres, 1,770. Real property, £2,217. Pop., 166. Houses, 33. The manor belongs to Earl Ducie. S. House is the seat of Lady Julia Langston. There is a Saxon or Danish camp. The living is a rectory, united with Churchill, in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £262. Patron, Earl Ducie. The church is ancient. There are an endowed school with £53 a year, and charities £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chipping Norton
Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
Rural Deanery: Chipping Norton
Poor Law Union: Chipping Norton