Salford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Oxfordshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1755
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1669
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Little Rollright
- Chipping Norton
- Little Compton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SALFORD, a parish, with a village, in Chipping-Norton district, Oxford; 2 miles WNW of Chipping-Norton r. station. Post-town, Chipping-Norton. Acres, 1,670. Real property, £2,745. Pop., 397. Houses, 83. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to H. Dawkins, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £251. Patron, N. Skillicorne, Esq. The church is Norman and good. There is a Methodist chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chipping Norton
Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
Rural Deanery: Chipping Norton
Poor Law Union: Chipping Norton