Ramsden is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Oxfordshire, created in 1843 from a chapelry in Shipton-under-Wychwood Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Poole’s Lodge and Brices Lodge.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1842
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1851
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RAMSDEN, a township-chapelry in Shipton-under-Wychwood parish, Oxford; on Akeman-street and in Wychwood forest, 2¾ miles S of Charlbury r. station, and 3 ½ N by W of Witney. Post town, Charlbury, under Enstone. Acres, 902. Real property, £941. Pop., 455. Houses, 92. The manor belongs to Lord Churchill. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, not reported. Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The church was built in 1841. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Search Results for FamilySearch Catalog
England, Oxfordshire, Ramsden – Census ( 1 )
Census returns for Ramsden, 1841-1891
Author: Great Britain. Census Office
England, Oxfordshire, Ramsden – Manors – Court records ( 1 )
Court rolls for the manors of Leafield, Langley and Ramsden, 1671-1900
Author: Manor of Leafield. Court (Oxfordshire); Manor of Langley. Court (Oxfordshire); Manor of Ramsden. Court (Oxfordshire)
England, Oxfordshire, Ramsden – Schools ( 1 )
Ramsden National School records, 1862-1900
Author: Ramsden National School (Oxfordshire)
Oxfordshire Archives & Family History Groups
- County: Oxfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Witney
- Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
- Diocese: Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Chipping Norton
- Poor Law Union: Witney
- Hundred: Chadlington
- Province: Canterbury