Little Rollright is an Ancient Parish in the county of Oxfordshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1754
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1721
- Chipping Norton
- Great Rollright
- Little Compton
- Long Compton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ROLLRIGHT (Little), a parish in Chipping-Norton district, Oxford; adjacent to Warwickshire, 2½ miles NW of Chipping-Norton r. station. Post-town, Chipping-Norton. Acres, 780. Real property, £809. Pop., 36. Houses, 6. The manor belongs to Sir J. Reade, Bart. Part of a Druidical circle is here, originally comprising 60 stones, now comprising about 30, few of them rising more than 4 feet from the ground. A stone of singular shape, and about 8 feet high, is 252 feet N of the circle; bears the name of King Stone; and commands an extensive view. Five larger stones are about ½ a mile to the SE, and are supposed to have formed a kistvaen. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £190. Patron, Sir J. Reade, Bart. The church is Norman, and was recently repaired.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chipping Norton
Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
Rural Deanery: Chipping Norton
Poor Law Union: Chipping Norton