Kingham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Oxfordshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1663
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1669
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist
- Sarsden with Churchill
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KINGHAM, a village and a parish in Chipping-Norton district, Oxford. The village stands near the river Evenlode, the boundary with Gloucester and the Chipping-Norton junction station of the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton railway, 4½ miles SW of Chipping-Norton; was anciently known as Konigsham; and has a postal pillar box, under Chipping-Norton. The parish comprises 1,877 acres. Real property, £4,080. Pop., 678. Houses, 145. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £820. Patron, the Rev. J. W. Lockwood. The church is ancient, but good; and has a tower. There are a national school, and charities £36.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chipping Norton
Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
Rural Deanery: Chipping Norton
Poor Law Union: Chipping Norton