Kencot is an Ancient Parish in the county of Oxfordshire.
Alternative names: Kencott
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1584
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1721
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KENCOTT, a parish, with a village, in Witney district, Oxford; 5 miles NE by N of Lechlade, and 7 NNW of Faringdon r. station. Post town, Lechlade, under Swindon. Acres, 770. Real property, £1, 644. Pop., 214. Houses, 50. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to John Large, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £300. Patron, H. Hammersley, Esq. The church is ancient, and was repaired in 1859.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Search Results for FamilySearch Catalog
England, Oxfordshire, Kencott – Census ( 1 )
Census returns for Kencott, 1841-1891
Author: Great Britain. Census Office
England, Oxfordshire, Kencott – History ( 1 )
The history of Kencot, Oxfordshire
Author: Fisher, A. S. T.
Oxfordshire Archives & Family History Groups
- County: Oxfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Witney
- Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
- Diocese: Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Witney
- Poor Law Union: Witney
- Hundred: Bampton (Oxfordshire)
- Province: Canterbury