Kelmscot is a chapelry of Bradwell Ancient Parish in Oxfordshire.
Alternative names: Kelmscott
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560 see also Bradwell
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1740
- Eaton Hastings
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KELMSCOTT, a township-chapelry in Broadwell parish, Oxford; on the river Thames, at the boundary with Berks and Gloucester, 2½ miles E by S of Lechlade, and 3¾ NW of Faringdon r. station. Post town, Lechlade under Swindon. Acres, 910. Real property, £1,605. Pop., 141. Houses, 35. The manor, with Kelmscott House, a fine Tudor mansion, belongs to H. W. Vincent, Esq. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Broadwell, in the diocese of Oxford.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Faringdon
Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
Rural Deanery: Witney
Poor Law Union: Witney
Hundred: Bampton (Oxfordshire)