Holwell is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Oxfordshire, created in 1850 from chapelry in Bradwell Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1813
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1851
- Broughton Poggs
- Eastleach Martin
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HOLWELL, a township and a chapelry in Broadwell parish, Oxford. The township lies near the boundary with Gloucester, 2½ miles SSW of Burford, and 7 SSW of Shipton r. station. Post town, Burford, under Faringdon. Acres, 1,044. Real property, £1,259. Pop., 110. Houses, 22. The property belongs to H. W. Vincent, Esq. The chapelry was constituted in 1850. Pop., 193. Houses, 34. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £100. Patron, W. Hervey, Esq. The church is modern, and in the early English style.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Witney
Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
Rural Deanery: Witney
Poor Law Union: Witney
Hundred: Bampton (Oxfordshire)