Highmore is a chapelry of Bix Ancient Parish and Rotherfield Greys Ancient Parish in Oxfordshire.

Alternative names: Highmoor

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: None
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: None

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

HIGHMORE, a chapelry in Bix and Rotherfield-Greys parishes, Oxford; under the Chiltern hills, 4½ miles WNW of Henley-on-Thames r. station. It was constituted in 1860; and its post town is Nettlebed, under Henley-on-Thames. Pop., 333. Houses, 71. Pop. of the Rotherfield-Greys portion, 283. Houses, 60. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £101. Patron, the Rector of Rotherfield-Greys. The church was built in 1859, and is in the early English style. There is a national school.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Photographs

Maps

Old maps of Britain and Europe from A Vision of Britain Through Time

Administration

  • County: Oxfordshire
  • Civil Registration District: Henley
  • Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
  • Diocese: Oxford
  • Rural Deanery: Henley
  • Poor Law Union: Henley
  • Hundred: Binfield
  • Province: Canterbury

Similar Posts