Heyford Warren is an Ancient Parish in the county of Oxfordshire.
Alternative names: Heyford Upper, Upper Heyford
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1557
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1680
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HEYFORD (UPPER), or HEYFORD-WARREN, a parish in Bicester district, Oxford; on the river Cherwell, the Oxford canal, and the Oxford, Birmingham, and Wolverhampton railway, near Heyford r. station, 5½ miles WNW of Bicester. It has a post-office, of the name of Upper Heyford, under Oxford. Acres, 1, 300. Real property, £2, 367. Pop., 453. Houses, 101. The manor belongs to New College, Oxford. Heyford House is an old seat of the Myrries. A tithe barn is here of the time of William of Wykeham. Building stone is quarried. A fosse and a vallum, part of the original boundary between the Mercian and the West Saxon kingdoms, are in the E. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, not reported. Patron, New College, Oxford. The church is ancient; has a tower bearing the arms of William of Wykeham; and was about to be rebuilt in 1865. There are chapels for Wesleyans and United Free Methodists, a national school, and charities £46.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Search Results for FamilySearch Catalog
England, Oxfordshire, Upper Heyford – Census ( 1 )
Census returns for Upper Heyford, 1841-1891
Author: Great Britain. Census Office
England, Oxfordshire, Upper Heyford – Church records ( 1 )
Upper Heyford Oxfordshire St. Mary’s parish registers
Author: Goadby, F. R. L; Church of England. Parish Church of Upper Heyford (Oxfordshire)
- County: Oxfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Bicester
- Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
- Diocese: Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Bicester
- Poor Law Union: Bicester
- Hundred: Ploughley
- Province: Canterbury