Fifield is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Oxfordshire, created in 1750 from chapelry in Swinbrook Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1712
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1669; 1721
- Sarsden with Churchill
- Great Rissington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FIFIELD, a parish in Chipping-Norton district, Oxford; on the W verge of the county, 3½ miles SSW of Shipton r. station, and 4½ N by W of Burford. It has a post office under Chipping-Norton. Acres, 1,148. Real property, £1,386. Pop., 234. Houses, 51. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united in 1865 with Idbury, in the dio. of Oxford. Value, £267. Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The church has an early English chancel, an E window with flowing tracery and stained glass, and an octagonal tower with a spire; and is good. Charities, £49.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chipping Norton
Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
Rural Deanery: Chipping Norton
Poor Law Union: Chipping Norton