Cornwell is an Ancient Parish in the county of Oxfordshire.
Alternative names: Cornwall
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1662
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1669; 1723
- Chipping Norton
- Sarsden with Churchill
- Little Compton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CORNWELL, a parish in Chipping-Norton district, Oxford; 2½ miles E by N of Addlestrop r. station, and 3 W of Chipping-Norton. Post town, Chipping-Norton. Acres, 820. Real property, £1,308. Pop., 97. Houses, 23. Cornwell House was the seat of the Pennystones. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £140. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient, and has a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chipping Norton
Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
Rural Deanery: Chipping Norton
Poor Law Union: Chipping Norton