Broughton Poggs is an Ancient Parish in the county of Oxfordshire.
Alternative names: Broughton Pogis
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1557
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1721
- Eastleach Martin
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BROUGHTON-POGGS, or Broughton-Pogis, a parish in Witney district, Oxford; on the verge of the county, 3½ miles NNE of Lechlade, and 9½ SW by W of Witney r. station. Post Town, Lechlade, under Swindon. Acres, 1,122. Real property, £1,465. Pop., 135. Houses, 30. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford; and till 1864 was united with Filkins. Value, £401. Patron, the Rev. J. M. Farrar. The church is very good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Witney
Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
Rural Deanery: Witney
Poor Law Union: Witney
Hundred: Bampton (Oxfordshire)