Bladon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Oxfordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Hensington.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1543
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1684
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BLADON, a village and a parish in Woodstock district, Oxford. The village stands adjacent to the S end of Blenheim Park, 1¼ mile ENE of Handborough r. station, and 2 S of Woodstock; and it has a post-office under Woodstock. Pop., 395. Houses, 87. The parish includes also the hamlet of Hensington. Acres, 1,350. Real property, £2,857. Pop., 666. Houses, 128. The manor belongs to the Duke of Marlborough. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Woodstock, in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £329. Patron, the Duke of Marlborough. The church was built in 1804; was remodelled and enlarged in 1862; and is in a very early pointed style. There are two Methodist chapels, a mixed school, and charities £251. Dr. Griffith, who defended Basing House, was rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Search Results for FamilySearch Catalog
England, Oxfordshire, Bladon – Census ( 1 )
Census returns for Bladon, 1841-1891
Author: Great Britain. Census Office
England, Oxfordshire, Bladon – Church records ( 1 )
Bishop’s transcripts for Bladon, 1679-1856
Author: Church of England. Parish Church of Bladon (Oxfordshire)
England, Oxfordshire, Bladon – Church records – Indexes ( 1 )
Computer printout of Bladon, Oxon., Eng
Oxfordshire Archives & Family History Groups
- County: Oxfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Woodstock
- Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
- Diocese: Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Woodstock
- Poor Law Union: Woodstock
- Hundred: Wootton
- Province: Canterbury