Alvescot is an Ancient Parish in the county of Oxfordshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1662
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1721
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Society of Friends/Quaker.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ALVESCOTT, a parish in Witney district, Oxford; near the Cheltenham and Faringdon railway, 3½ miles WNW of Bampton. Post town, Bampton, under Faringdon. Acres, 2,690. Real property, £2,961. Pop., 407. Houses, 85. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £371. Patron, Rev. A. Neate. The church is cruciform, in early English, with plain Norman tower. There are a Baptist chapel, a free school, and charities £22.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Search Results for FamilySearch Catalog
England, Oxfordshire, Alvescott – Census ( 1 )
Census returns for Alvescott, 1841-1891
Author: Great Britain. Census Office
England, Oxfordshire, Alvescott – Church records ( 2 )
Alvescott, Oxfordshire : christenings, 1660-1950, marriages, 1663-1950, burials, 1663-1950
Author: Church of England. Parish Church of Alvescott (Oxfordshire); Chaston, N.; Oxfordshire Family History Society
Bishop’s transcripts for Alvescott, 1721-1851
Author: Church of England. Parish Church of Alvescott (Oxfordshire)
England, Oxfordshire, Alvescott – Church records – Indexes ( 1 )
Computer printout of Alvescot, Oxford, England
Oxfordshire Archives & Family History Groups
- County: Oxfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Witney
- Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford
- Diocese: Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Witney
- Poor Law Union: Witney
- Hundred: Bampton (Oxfordshire)
- Province: Canterbury