Plumtree is an Ancient Parish in the county of Nottinghamshire.
Other places in the parish include: Normanton on the Wolds and Clipston.
Alternative names: Plumptree
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Bunny with Bradmore
- Lodge on the Wolds
- Stanton on the Wolds
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PLUMTREE, a township and a parish in Bingham district, Notts. The township lies 2¾ miles W of the Fosse way, and 5 SSE of Nottingham r. station; and has a post-office under Nottingham. Real property, £2, 979. Pop., 285. Houses, 52. The parish contains also the townships of Normanton-on-the-Wolds and Clipston. Acres, 3, 460. Real property, £5, 469. Pop., 551. Houses, 110. The P. manor belongs to W. S. Burnside, Esq.; and Clipston manor, to Earl Manvers. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £1,113. Patron, W. S. Burnside, Esq. The church is partly Norman, and all good; and consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
Land and property
- County: Nottinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Bingham
- Probate Court: Court of the Manor of St John of Jerusalem or Shelford St Johns
- Diocese: Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Bingham
- Poor Law Union: Bingham
- Hundred: Bingham; Rushcliffe
- Province: York