Perlethorpe is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Nottinghamshire, created in 1836 from chapelry in Edwinstowe Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Thoresby.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1528
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1621
- Worksop St Mary and St Cuthbert
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PERLETHORPE, a township-chapelry in Edwinstowe parish, Notts; on the river Meden, 2½ miles N by W of Ollerton, and 6¾ SSE of Worksop r. station. It contains the hamlet of Thoresby; and its post town is Ollerton, under Newark. Real property, £970. Pop., 98. Houses, 19. The manor belonged to Roger de Buisli: passed to the Pierreponts; and, with Thoresby Hall, belongs now to Earl Manvers. The Hall is asplendid mansion; and stands in a well-wooded parkabout 10 miles in circuit. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £100. Patron, Earl Manvers. The church stands in Thoresby Park.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog – Free
Land and property
- County: Nottinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Southwell
- Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
- Diocese: Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Retford
- Poor Law Union: Southwell
- Hundred: Bassetlaw
- Province: York