Darlton is a chapelry of Dunham Ancient Parish in Nottinghamshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1568
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1622
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- East Drayton
- East Markham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DARLTON, a parish in East Retford district, Notts; on an affluent of the river Trent, 2 miles NE of Tuxford r. station, and 7½ SE of East Retford. Post town, Tuxford, under Newark. Acres, 1, 507. Real property, £2, 671. Pop., 163. Houses, 39. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Dunham, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
- County: Nottinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: East Retford
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Southwell
- Diocese: Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Southwell
- Poor Law Union: East Retford
- Hundred: Bassetlaw
- Province: York