Bulwell is an Ancient Parish in the county of Nottinghamshire.
Other places in the parish include: Hempshill.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1621
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1627
Nonconformists include: Christians, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, General Baptist, Inghamite, Methodist New Connexion, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Hucknall Torkard
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BULWELL, a village, a parish, and a subdistrict, in Basford district, Notts. The village stands in Sherwood forest, adjacent to the Midland railway, 4 miles NNW of Nottingham; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Nottingham. The parish includes also the hamlet of Hempshill. Acres, 1,210. Real property, £6,732. Pop., 3,660. Houses, 785. The property is subdivided. Bulwell Hall is the seat of the Rev. Padley. Limestone is worked. Calico printing, lacemaking, stocking-making, brick-making, and malting are carried on. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £328. Patron, the Rev.Padley. The church is new, and has a square tower. There are chapels for Baptists, Wesleyans, and Primitive Methodists. A school has £18, other charities, 13.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
Manors - Court records
- County: Nottinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Basford
- Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
- Diocese: Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Nottingham
- Poor Law Union: Basford
- Hundred: Broxtowe
- Province: York