Broughton Sulney is an Ancient Parish in the county of Nottinghamshire.
Alternative names: Upper Broughton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1571
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: General Baptist and Primitive Methodist.
- Nether Broughton, Leicestershire
- Old Dalby, Leicestershire
- Willoughby on the Wolds
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BROUGHTON-SULNEY, or Upper Broughton, a parish in the district of Melton-Mowbray and county of Nottingham; on the verge of the county, near the Fosse way and the Grantham canal, 7 miles NW by N of Melton-Mowbray r. station. Post Town, Nether Broughton under Melton-Mowbray. Acres, 1,600. Real property, £2,580. Pop., 406. Houses, 93. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £388. Patron, Sir J. Radcliffe, Bart. The church was partly rebuilt in 1855. There are a Baptist chapel and charities £20.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
- County: Nottinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Melton Mowbray
- Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
- Diocese: Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Bingham
- Poor Law Union: Melton Mowbray
- Hundred: Bingham
- Province: York